Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:00:45 -0500

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
Colin>
Colin> I thought about this the last time it was debated, and I still like
Colin> descriptive English tags, e.g.:
Colin>
Colin> /*
Colin>  *  arch-tag: Implementation of RhythmDB - Rhythmbox backend queryable
database
Colin>  */
Colin>
Colin> /*
Colin>  *  arch-tag: Implementation of main Rhythmbox shell
Colin>  */
Colin>
Colin> My theory is that if you name things well, it's very unlikely to clash
Colin> with anything else.  And as for the argument that tags will be out of
Colin> date eventually...well, if your file changes enough to make you want to
Colin> change the tag, I think it makes sense to treat it as deleting the old
Colin> file and creating a new one in its place.

My theory is that everyone is a closet editor and will be unable to resist
the temptation to get the description "just right".

Whereas I can't think of anyone feeling the deep-seated need to get...

>> /* arch-tag: a510a930-ee34-4b0d-9de0-17fb090a6bd5
>> */

..."just right".

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above