Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs?

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:15:28 -0700

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 05:07 US/Pacific, Andrew Suffield wrote:

Yes. While Tom makes releases as tags into a branch, I make releases
by creating a configuration. They make an almost ideal replacement for
cvs tags (while arch tags are something else entirely).

        Right, but you only use one at a time, don't you?

Your model would continue to work fine if only one could exist in a project tree at a time, but you could replace it with another, possibly stored in the project tree for your tagging model.

I might want to go a more expensive route and just create a branch for every separate configuration I use. Then I just check out the appropriate tree and the config is ready.

--
Dustin Sallings