Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:44:34 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    >  (2) mkpatch/dopatch should be changed to recognize these files, and
    >      apply a custom diff/patch method to them (this could be part of a
    >      general `custom diff/patch' change, or merely a special
    >      case);

The more such special cases we have (we have one already, which is
arguably one too many) the harder and harder it gets to write
`changeset-utils'.

Yet we have pretty good evidence that a changeset-utils package will
be desirable:  composition, factoring, editting, variations on
variance adjustment including commutativity operations......

I don't see why hairing up the tagging stuff would outweigh those
things.