Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:16:03 +0100

"Mark A. Flacy" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Then run some tests and *see* if the Darkly Hinted Efficiency
> Improvements materialize.  Nothing convinces quite like hard data.

Just to clarify my objectives, I don't think this different
implementation of explicit would be particularly faster.  Or not
faster enough that it would matter (I think tla is fast enough, now).

I think if (as Andrea suggested) explicit were made the default
tagging method, then the current implementation would be regarded as
horrible.

I also think that there's a way to make explicit the default, and
build behaviours corresponding to the other tagging methods on top.
That would mean it would be possible for a project to switch tagging
methods.  Right now the tagging method is something you need to choose
at the beginning, and it can be awkward to change.