Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:34:30 -0500

>>>>> "Andrea" == Andrea Arcangeli <address@hidden> writes:
Andrea>
Andrea> The reason this is obviously not data, is that an user downloading
Andrea> linux-2.4.22.tar.gz pure data package, will have absolutely zero
Andrea> benefits from the tagline embedded in the source, the tagline for
Andrea> this use will be pure _pollution_. Furthmore this user will read
Andrea> the code will see this pollution and he will delete it because it's
Andrea> not data and in turn it's useless to him, and it's only useful to
Andrea> people who cares about tracking the kernel with a revision control
Andrea> system, not him. You certainly don't want to lose the tracking code
Andrea> because of that.

Oh hogwash!  Are you REALLY stating that people randomly remove comments
from the kernel source?

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above