[Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: 29 Sep 2003 14:30:35 +0900

>     Miles> Fair enough, but source files are a very, very different
>     Miles> case than `plain text files.'
>
> Not for my purposes, they're not.
> I don't think arch should deprecate plain text files just because
> they're not source.

No attempt is being made to do so.  Zack's assertion was that taglines
are not useful for `plain text files.'  This may nor may not be true,
but regardless, it's not a reason to avoid taglines where they _are_
useful.  Text files can use explicit tagging just as happily whether or
not source files do too.

If you want to have a ironclad `all files must use the same id-tagging
style,' that's your choice, but I see no great justification for it (in
the emacs sources, for instance, there are only a few files that could
reasonably be called `plain text'; I chose to use explicit for those
files, but certainly am not going to let that dictate what the rest of
the sources uses).

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?