Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)

From: John Kinson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:25:10 +0000

Robert Collins wrote:

Would Cygwin be willing to accept such a change (with all the testing and support issues that come with it)?

Yes, in fact we've been wanting it for ages, just no one has had time to
scratch the itch.

Excellent - thanks.

If not, then arch will still face the significant obstacle of requiring a specially patched version of Cygwin in order to run.

Wouldn't work: we'd need a full distribution (or at least replacement
tar et al packages). Simply fixing the .dll will allow the changes to
roll forward via recompiles.

You lost me on the last sentence - did you mean would not allow the changes to roll forward?

JK
--
http://www.yellowradio.com/
What if the Hokey Cokey really _is_ what it's all about?