Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:37:34 +0200

Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:

> A "per-archive umask" would be tla going out of its way to
> break umask. If you want some processes to use a different umask, fix
> your login scripts to stop assigning one you did not want.

There's  still a  problem with  (s)ftp: As  far as  I know,  you can't
change  the  default permissions  on  the  server  unless you  are  an
administrator of that server. (or if you patch your client)

(s)ftp protocol has  a umask and a chmod command.  having tla use them
would greatly  simplify the task  for people setting up  a centralized
archive.

--
Matthieu