Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:56:30 -0400

Cameron Patrick wrote:

IIRC Subversion allows you to define external commands to run when
applying patches (actually 3-way merging I suppose) to specific types
of (non-text) files.  I don't know if anyone actually uses this
functionality.

Merging is a very different case, because the user can use whatever tools they have available, and only the output matters. For storage, it's important to ensure that tla doesn't depend on external tools that not everyone has.

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology