Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:45:38 +0200

Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:

> In the server or filesystem.

Off course. Also  on the network protocol that you  use to access your
archive.

Can you please contact my  system administrator to tell him to install
your nice  and optimized filesystem  and network protocol for  me. I'm
afraid he will refuse if I'm the one who asks.

Then we should change tla's archive  format not to gzip files. This is
a  useless feature  that  should be  removed,  since you  could use  a
compressed filesystem and a compressed network protocol.

Well, seriously speaking: You're  trying to make a theoretically clean
tool, which is good, but please, don't forget the needs of your users.

--
Matthieu