Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Thomas Bleher
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:17:38 +0200

* Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> [2004-06-09 18:24]:
> Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > That has got more or less nothing to do with the changeset format;
> > it's an optimisation that can, should, and likely will be done
> > externally to tla and without changing anything about the changesets.
>
> Where would you  put this optimization, if not in  tla? (That's a real
> question, I don't understand what you mean)

This has been discussed on the mailing list before. See the thread
starting at [0] especially the message from Tom[1] where he discusses
the steps that need to be taken to effectively support binary diffs.
Essentially you only have to patch diff, patch and diff3, tla is
practically unaffected by this change.

Thomas

[0]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-02/msg00109.html
[1]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-02/msg00121.html
--
GPG-Fingerprint: BC4F BB16 30D6 F253 E3EA  D09E C562 2BAE B2F4 ABE7