Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:32:22 +0300

> Using that logic, wouldn't we turn "tla undo" back into a script merely
> because its easily scriptable?
>
> mv workdir ,,oldworkdir ; tla get VERSION

I'm not suggesting ripping out existing tla code and scripting it, just that I
agree with some people on the list that certain operations can be done that
way especially if 1) not performance sensitive, mostly usability improvements
and 2) implementing them in C would mean another mostly copy pasted file in
libarch-cmd adding to the maintenance costs of the source.

The only thing I said is that making one of the few wrappers 'official' would
seem like a good thing to me.

>  From the volume of requests, the capability to undo specific
> files is an expected version of a revision control system.

I know. That's why I implemented it, use it and made the patch public on your
graciously provided (thanks) sourcecontrol.net :)
I thought we were talking about tla revert of a single file not of selective
undo.

By the way I have a wrapper too (the only one I wrote and use BTW)

tla-revert:
#!/bin/sh

cp -f `tla file-find $1` $1