Re: [Gnu-arch-users] community spirit

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] community spirit
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:46:50 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Florian Weimer <address@hidden>

    > * Thomas Lord:

    > > They did not make even the slightest attempt to alert me before
    > > announcing a fork.

    > What makes this branch so special and different from other branches?
    > Should we ask permission for running "tla tag" from now on?

Don't be silly.

But if you are going to start producing public releases and
encouraging people to use them, perhaps some demonstrated
consideration for the public project's processes and opportunity to
react would be in order, no?

I'm all for firewalls between public volunteer labor and publicly
released corporate projects, but in this case, I think they took the
firewall concept just a little bit too far.