Re: [Gnu-arch-users] community spirit

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] community spirit
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:21:28 +0000

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 07:36:41PM -0800, Thomas Lord wrote:
> They did not make even the slightest attempt to alert me before
> announcing a fork.  Whether they describe that fork as "friendly" or
> not, the creation of the fork was not only not conducted in a friendly
> manner, it was not conducted in a civil manner, given the way they
> have presented it on the GNU Arch lists.

This is SOP for Canonical. I don't think anybody outside Canonical
really takes them seriously on that "community focus" and "friendly"
stuff (any more than they do for, say, redhat, mandrake, or suse, who
all claim the same stuff and act in more or less the same way). It's
just another vendor running around forking everything to avoid having
to deal with upstream authors.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |