Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:52:59 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Pau Aliagas <address@hidden>

    > On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Thomas Lord wrote:

    > > But I do think that the uncivility and disruptiveness of their tactical
    > > approach is worthy of note, at least in passing.

    > I cannot but agree. I do not care if they want to try a fork or not,
    > but being polite would have cost them nothing at all. The way they have
    > done it makes me be in defensive attitude.

So, all this said (and I'm grateful for the conversation my post
generated), let's please not "dog pile" on Canonical.   A lot of us
agree they acted poorly here.   I'll emphasize again that the poorness
of their actions is sharply limited by the goodness of their
dedication to honoring "the arch protocol" --- they are very far from
unambiguously evil!

Meanwhile, they aren't likely to just disappear anytime soon.  So,
let's preserve plenty of room, please, to play nice with them in spite
of our agreement about the bogosity of this particular action by them.

I think we've made our point(s), for now.