Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:34:23 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>

    > One other thing to consider about merging submission branches is that
    > they all add a CONTRIBUTION-LOG file which would surely conflict
    > unless you made sure to delete this after merging.

    > (Whether to interpret this as a problem with the proposal or the idea
    > of development lines merging submission branches I'm not sure about
    > yet.)

It's deliberate.   The merging you do to merge a submission branch is,
in effect, a higher-level merge command than ordinary 'star-merge'.
You have to deal with 'CONTRIBUTION-LOG' and with pruning patch logs.
Eventually, this higher-level command should be built-in to 'tla' but,
for now, please just write yourself a little shell script.