[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Potential flaw in patch-log pruning in proposal
Date: 01 Nov 2004 21:33:35 +0100

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Lord <address@hidden> writes:

Thomas> Submission branches are (revisioned) changesets against a
Thomas> well-defined mainline.  That implies some constraints on how a
Thomas> submission branch is sanely used.  If they want something that
Thomas> is 'mainling + some-unmerged-submission-branches' they can
Thomas> constuct such an entity by paying attention to '=merges'.

Tom, you usually pay high attention to design and details. Does this
really look like an efficient process to you? To me, it looks like you
impose a very heavy process to tla developers which discourages
experiments, as forks[1] from tla will have a very hard time keeping
up with already merged submission branches.

  Sam

Notes:
[1] I am speaking about personal branches here, with changes not already
    submitted, experiments that will get trashed away, and so on
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam