Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:29:21 +0000

On 06 Nov 2004 16:05:07 +0100, Rene Schallner wrote:

> On Monday 01 November 2004 13:04, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> > We are glad to announce the initial release of ArchWay.
> >
> > archway is a new GUI for GNU Arch. All information is available on the
> > home page:
> >
> >   http://www.nongnu.org/archway/
>
> I have installed archway and I really like it,

Thanks, your feedback is needed.

> eventough I am not a big fan of multi-window GUIs.

The division to multiple specialized tools will be preserved. However,
we create custom widgets for everything, so they may be reused in more
than one tool. There is a thought to make the main gui configurable,
i.e. it may be an all-in-one-window GUI you speak about, as an option.
I don't think this will be the default though. We will see.

> Is there any chance that support for multi-project trees (tla
> build-config) will be added...?  Actually, build-config is not the
> problem.  What I'd love to see is a GUI that recognizes that there are
> sub-projects in the tree.  That way I wouldn't have to run archelf (et
> al) multiple times (from each subdir).

I added this item (i.e. support for nested projects) to archelf TODO.
Currently the goal for the next release is to implement as much as
possible from the current TODO list.

Regards,
Mikhael.