Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:34:21 +0000

On 01 Nov 2004 15:46:25 -0600, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

> Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:04, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> >> We are glad to announce the initial release of ArchWay.
> >>
> >> archway is a new GUI for GNU Arch. All information is available on the
> >> home page:
> >>
> >>   http://www.nongnu.org/archway/
> >
> > <drool>
> > Those screenshots look really really nice...
> > <wipes up saliva>

Then you may also consider to download and run it to see this in action.
Or you mean the screenshots already make you wet? :-)

> I have to agree.  The main dispatcher looks a little goofy (probably
> all the random images)

The images may look goofy, but they make more sense in the About dialogs.

Anyway, you may want to rm the images for one or another reason or set
ARCHWAY_NO_IMAGES at run time, they are fully optional. Hopefully later
some artist will create a new magical image set that looks uniform.

> and it looks like there might be a few Gnome
> HIG hickups, but overall it does look really well done.

If there are HIG experts on this list, they are welcome to participate.
But I hope you don't really expect a usability work in the second month
of the developement.  Let us learn GTK thorouhly first. :)

Are there any wishes from those who tried it? What do you miss the most?

Regards,
Mikhael.