[Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:04:24 +0000

We are glad to announce the initial release of ArchWay.

archway is a new GUI for GNU Arch. All information is available on the
home page:

  http://www.nongnu.org/archway/

The archway project was started about a month ago, so don't expect all
pieces to work. However the GUI is already quite usable and may be
used for tasks such as committing and reviewing changes.

Currently archway consists of eight different, specialized interfaces.
The names follow the magical theme, but should become familar with
time. Every interface can be run from the command line or from within
any other archway part.

The most useful sub-guis are probably:

  archelf - manage project tree
  archmag - manage project merges
  archrog - manage registered archives and search the archive registry
  archang - browse arch archive

If you, like me, are a command line lover, you may still find some
parts useful. I periodically use archway to view the tree changes
("archeye ."), to view what is missing in some of the partner versions
(archmag; the list of partners is initially built automatically), to
find new archives (archrog), and more.

Please read the doc files before reporting problems and feature
requests. You may use email or bug tracking system on savannah:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/archway/

I would like to thank Enno Cramer: it was a pleasure to work with you.

Regards,
Mikhael.