[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Announce: ArchWay 0.1.0 is released
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:57:11 +0100

Rene Schallner <address@hidden> writes:

> What I'd love to see is a GUI that recognizes that there are
> sub-projects in the tree.

We have something like that in Xtla for "tla changes":

Running `tla-changes' in a project tree first runs
"tla inventory --trees --nested" and actually calls "tla changes" for
each of the subprojects.

Then, you get a buffer that looks like this:

* looking for ...
* comparing to ...

 TM subproject1
 T- subproject2
 T? subproject3
  A  added_file
  M  modified_file

The first lines with a 'T' means "subproject tree", the "M" means
"there are some changes in this subtree", and the "-" means "no
changes in this subtree". (The "?" means "I didn't finish running tla
changes in this subtree".).

Then, you can press "Enter" with your cursor on one of the subtree
lines to open the changes buffer corresponding to this subtree, and
"^" from this buffer to come back to the changes for the root of the
tree.

Well, if you don't like Emacs, you won't like Xtla, but I think the
idea could be borrowed by other tla front-ends.

--
Matthieu