Re: [Gnu-arch-users] wiki spam & user registration

From: chth
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] wiki spam & user registration
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 23:05:26 +0100

> > On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 04:07 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> > I'd expect that using captchas would alter that substantially.
> Why not just add a captcha for editing a page? Still no registration
> is necessary, and captchas are accepted.

Hey i thought the captcha thing was a joke?

My solution could be deployed in 10 minutes because it uses only
existing software (maybe the development version of moin will be
required, or wait until 1.3 is release which will happen someday not to
far ahead)

 - users will not have to register
 - no hacking required
 - no captchas
 - anyone can become a maintainer and care for the wiki
 - the blacklists are globally shared between all moin wikis
 - Spam will be almost completely avoided

        Christian