[Gnu-arch-users] Re: wiki spam & user registration

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: wiki spam & user registration
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:26:40 +0900

address@hidden writes:
>> (A captcha, btw, is a "Completely Automated Public Test to tell
>> Computers and Humans Apart"; [...]
>
> [getting off-topic, but still funny, so...]
>
> and you know how they are being circumvented, don't you?

I think registration + moderation is the only thing that seems truly
workable (a whitelist for people that have been successfully moderated 3
times or more, and a blacklist for people that have been rejected, would
keep moderation delays/burden fairly minimal).

Needs a wiki hacker though, I guess.

-Miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi