Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: John Goerzen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:40:53 -0600

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:10:06PM -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> Hmm.  I wonder if there might be even better ways to support this use
> case in Arch.
>
> Is it the repository that's useful or the fact that you can commit?  It
> certainly seems conceivable to have a commit-style command that would
> transparently create a local version of the upstream branch in your
> archive on the first commit.

It's committing, and having everything preserved.  With Arch, it's:

1. A lot of work to tag something to a local repo, do all of that crap,
then merge it back later, and finally commit it back later

2. This approach loses the diffs for each individual commit that was
done, at least in the master repository.

-- John