Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting clueless win32 users working on a project i

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting clueless win32 users working on a project in arch
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:06:22 +1100

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:21:56 -0600
John A Meinel <address@hidden> wrote:

> There is one thing. Are you running on FAT32 or NTFS?

I'm on winxp.

> If you right click
> on a drive and say properties, it will tell you the filesystem.

It says NTFS.

> Not really. The only thing that is really there is the tla binary, and
> it makes sure that you have some dependencies fulfilled. Are you sure
> that you have patch, etc installed?

Bingo, patch was missing. I don't really use Cygwin that much as I
prefer MinGW.

Anyway, it seems to work now, so I'll hammmer on it a bit and see if
its sufficiently stable for the win32 people to use.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"Neither noise nor information is predictable."
  -- Ray Kurzweil