Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting clueless win32 users working on a project i

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Getting clueless win32 users working on a project in arch
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:42:36 +1100

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:41:53 -0600
John A Meinel <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you want, you can use the cygwin setup program to get it. I have the
> cygwin repository at
> http://ct.radiology.uiowa.edu/~jfmeinel/tla-short-path/cygwin-sources/

I just thought I'd report back on this issue.

Yes, John's tla binary seems to work on winxp but I haven't done any
real hammering on it because I'm still setting up the build env.

The really cool thing is that I set up the Cygwin OpenSSH server as well
and I can now ssh from a Linux box, run tla and X display my favourite
*nix edit (Nedit) back to the Linux machine. Finally after a decade,
windows is almost usable :-).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"Do I do everything in C++ and teach a course in advanced swearing?"
-- David Beazley at IPC8, on choosing a language for teaching