[Gnu-arch-users] Re: commit going up the tree

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: commit going up the tree
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:08:07 +0200

also sprach John A Meinel <address@hidden> [2005.06.16.1953 +0200]:
> I'm guessing that when this fails, it creates the new pristine in
> a parent directory.

This would be a single reason making me want to ditch arch right
here and now. It speaks of a hack, or at least of really crap
design. Since it actually boasts that it uses hardlinks for the
pristine copies, I don't really see why it shouldn't keep them in
{arch} to make the archive be independent.

Thanks for your reply and guess. Don't take it personal when I hope
you are wrong! :)

> There might be other reasons, but that's what I can think of.
> I don't see a real reason to keep it, so it probably could be
> fixed.

I filed a bug against the two Debian packages (bazaar and tla).
That should eventually make it upstream. :)

> The easiest workaround (and preferred method of working anyway), is to
> use a revision library.
>    mkdir ~/arch
>    mkdir ~/arch/revlib
>    baz my-revision-library ~/arch/revlib
>    baz library-config --greedy --sparse ~/arch/revlib

Sure, this fixes it. *Another* step users must take before they can
actually *use* arch.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; address@hidden

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: address@hidden

no keyboard present.
press f1 to continue.
zen engineering.