Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Rationale for `revc' and `bzr'

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Rationale for `revc' and `bzr'
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:48:40 -0400

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:25:31PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>
> > Anybody that considers continuing the tla and/or baz code base should bear
> > in mind that the two teams that were working on the codebases decided to
> > go for full rewrites.
>
> Well, anybody looking for a version control system should bear in mind
> that there have been so many GNU Arch enthusiasts, and so many
> developers eager to contribute to it during years, that it /can't/ be a
> bad VCS.  Or am I missing something?  ;-)

I'm one of them. ;)

Anybody can scout from the top of the hill.

Tom's talent lays in the ability to scout from the bottom of a valley. He
was able to break a trail that many others have since followed. Things
that seem as obvious as "e=mc^2" today weren't obvious back when he
started.

Through logical reasoning and deduction he was able to infer a number of
things that got the DRCS community onto that high hill so that everyone
else can easily plan a route that avoids a series of hazards.

Some of the things he inferred ended up being mistakes. What's wrong is
generally agreed upon by all, though the solutions called for differ.