Re: [Gnu-arch-users] The future of GNU Arch users

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] The future of GNU Arch users
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:38:07 +0200

Toby White wrote:

> But this means I can't upgrade to baz - I've no intention of trying to
> get all of expat, libgpgme (>=1.0) and libgpg-error compiled everywhere;
> it was difficult enough trying on Mac OS X Tiger (which I still can't
> get to work, and that ought to be one of the better supported targets)
> What hope have I of getting it all compiled on anything more esoteric?

Have you looked at my binary releases of Mac OS X binaries? (So far just
the 1.5-devel tree). They are available from:
http://bazaar.canonical.com/Downloads

I have been on vacation for the last 3 weeks with very poor internet
access (and another week with hopefully better access).

I compile them against darwinports rather than Fink, because Fink's gpg
doesn't support gpg-agent.

If you wanted to work with me on it, I could provide binaries for the
dependent libraries (basically send you the libraries I know about until
it works). And then I can package them up as another tarball.

Darwinports wasn't as nice as Fink, but it wasn't terrible once I got
used to it.

John
=:->