[Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your manager.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:57:57 +0200

"Alfred M\. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:

> So if you define `learning to use a VCS' as `branch, commit, send
> patch', I suspect the time is equal for both tla, darcs and CVS.

The steps to do that with tla are:

1) set up an archive. Understand why the name of your archive must
   contain a "@"

< if you don't set up a revision library, then you get awfull
performances >

2) tla tag. Learn the Arch namespace, understand why your branch name
   must contain a category, a branch, a version, ...

3) tla get

4) tla commit

With, say, bzr, you do

bzr branch http://host.com/path/to/project
cd project
<hack hack hack>
bzr commit

It's similar with darcs, except that you don't even have to mirror
your archive, since "darcs send" will send it by email to the
maintainer for you.

Did you _really_ look at the alternatives before saying that GNU Arch
was not more complex than the others?

--
Matthieu