Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website

From: KRT Listmaster
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:26:21 -0600

On 03/23/2018 02:12 AM, Henry Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just visited the website of freeslack and noted there is a link to
> Eric Hameleers website right on the front page. On his website he does
> prominently offer and links to several third-party packages, including
> complete proprietary software, such as Adobe Flash Player.
>
> Since this website is mentioned in a positive way on freeslack.net
> one may be tempted to install this non-free software. I suggest to
> remove this link.
>
> Regards,
>
> Henry

That's a good point, thanks for pointing it out, it might indeed be
worth removing.  Questions:  should this criterion be applied across the
board?  How does this differ from say, the PureOS website[1] having a
link to the Purism website[2] in the footer, which mentions plenty of
non-free software, including a tutorial on how to enable their own
non-free repo[3].  Just curious....

thanks,

- krt

[1] https://pureos.net/
[2] https://puri.sm/
[3]
https://puri.sm/posts/purism-patches-meltdown-and-spectre-variant-2-both-included-in-all-new-librem-laptops/

--
This email account is used for list management only.
https://strangetimes.observer/