Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32

From: janneke
Subject: Re: HOWTO: lilypond-1.3.98 on windows32
Date: 24 Oct 2000 17:52:38 +0200

"James Hammons" <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I've gotten 1.3.98 to work (windows version--finally!) without cygwin
> and with properly defined environmental variables.  For anyone who wants to
> use lily on a windows box but *without* having to install Cygwin and all its
> ugliness, here's what you need to do:
>
> 1. Download & install Python and MiKTeX and, if you want useful output,
> Ghostscript & Ghostview.
>
> 2. Download the latest Win32 distribution of Lilypond and unzip it
> somewhere; also download cygwin1.dll.zip and guile-1.4-i686-cygwin.bin.zip.

Arg.
No no no.  *Don't* do this, we'll get all kinds of different bug reports.
Please do one of these:

  * windows program/dos box:
    Uzip/untar in the windows root directory.  This will install
    everything under C:/Cygwin/

  * Cygnus tool/bash shell:
    Make sure you have a symlink to /Cygwin:

        ln -sf / /Cygwin

    and then untar in root.

See
http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/README.text

> BTW, Jan:  Is it possible for you to set your cross compile target to i386
> instead of i686 (or at least, i586)?  I think that's the source of the
> troubles I was having with my machine at home...

That's all the same, really.