Re: installing LilyPond on NT from scratch with cygwin 1.1.4

From: James Hammons
Subject: Re: installing LilyPond on NT from scratch with cygwin 1.1.4
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:43:28 -0700

Oops, sorry about that spurious mail...

> >From DOS I get:
> GNU LilyPond 1.2.17.jcn1
> ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path
> ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path.
>
> Setting GUILE_LOAD_PATH makes no difference. Is "load path" the
> same as DOS path? (.scm isn't a DOS-path recognised extension...)

As far as I know, GUILE_LOAD_PATH is an environmental variable that lily
uses to find the "ice-9" directory; it should be a cygwin style path, e.g.
//c/cygwin/usr/share/guile/1.3.4

Although I have no idea why it didn't find it in the default directory where
you untarred it...  Does it work from bash?

> I'm keeping a log of the things that work in
> http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Studio/1714/gnunt.html
> so they won't have to be repeated here each time.

Good idea!

-- Shamus

BTW, this stupid email program may have added a spurious "file:" in front of
the cygwin path above:  If so, ignore the "file:" part.