Re: installing LilyPond on NT from scratch with cygwin 1.1.4

From: janneke
Subject: Re: installing LilyPond on NT from scratch with cygwin 1.1.4
Date: 26 Oct 2000 09:27:00 +0200

address@hidden (John Sankey) writes:

> "You don't need to run [guile.exe] ... as long as you have the
> "ice-9" directory installed in the default place you shouldn't
> have to worry about it. Otherwise, you have to set
> GUILE_LOAD_PATH to where that "ice-9" directory is."
>
> tar put the ice-9 directory in C:\cygwin\usr\share\guile\1.3.4

Ok.  Now, we have the little problem with dos paths and cygwin
paths.  The guile executable (and LilyPond) are compiled with
the prefix '/Cygwin/usr'.  You untarred in /Cygwin/usr.  But,
guile and lilypond are cygwin programs, and they probably don't
see the '/Cygwin' prefix (because / is mounted at c:\cygwin').

You can try this:

    c:>bash                  # or maybe even \cygwin\bin\bash ?)
    # mount                  # just to check where we are
    # ln -sf / /Cygwin       # fix prefix for cygwin environment
    # guile -e '%load-path'
    # /usr/lilypond-1.2.17/bin/lilypond --help

If that doesn't work, try:

    # export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/share/guile/1.3.4
    # guile -e '%load-path'

Greetings,
Jan.