Re: Anything to do?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:41:52 -0400

    This makes /bin (and the others) to be handled by the stowfs. To be
accurate,
    /bin will contains all files (and eventually subdirectories) contained in
    /stow/*/bin (a thread automatically updates entries when removing or adding
    new entries in the /stow directory).

That's what I proposed.

Someone else proposed to actually use the `stow' program to implement
something with similar effect but using symlinks.  So when I saw the
name "stowfs" I thought you were talking about that idea, not this one.
Sorry for the confusion.

Is this actually working now?

(The name /packages would be clearer for the master directory than
/stow.)