Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:24:38 +0200 (CEST)

   > > 1st question, GNU Hurd has no ISOs. this page links to 2 GNU
   > > snapshots: http://hurd.in/bin/view/Hurd/SetupGNU but they are
   > > quite old and seem unusable to the person who want to become a
   > > Hurd developer. why there are no ISOs of GNU ?

Well, the reports I have had is that the GNU snapshots are much much
easier to install for a new user than Debian GNU/Hurd.  YMMV.

   I was unable to access that site, perhaps the server is down. The latest
   snapshots are from January 2006. Alfred has stated that there is
   currently little point in creating a new snapshot.

Correct, not much has happened in surrounding projects to warrant a
new snapshot.