Re: Maintenance of the Hurd parts in glibc (was: about GNU Hurd)

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Maintenance of the Hurd parts in glibc (was: about GNU Hurd)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:10:37 +0200

Richard Stallman, le Mon 23 Jul 2007 14:07:07 -0400, a écrit :
>     Actually, patches got submitted to the bugzilla, but never got a look at
>     (and I personnally didn't know that glibc developper don't have time to
>     look at them).  I submitted them to libc-alpha, and Roland applied them
>     immediately.
>
> Maybe this indicates an organization problem: that users are being
> directed to submit bug reports in a place where they are not seen.

Probably, yes.

> What precisely is "the bugzilla"?  What says that is
> the place to submit the bug report?

google glibc -> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/
/bugs -> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html
/new -> http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=glibc

However, as Alfred told me on IRC, mere bug report (without patch)
should probably go there.

As for patches, searching for "patch" in the libc website also leads to
the bugzilla, nothing says that they should get sent to the list.

Samuel