Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:45:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hmm. I suppose it depends on the specifics of how this virtual file system would
work. As I understand Nix people using the system can change their profile (and
therefore their view of what programs are installed) on the fly, and the hashing
scheme makes it easy to have multiple (and incompatible) versions of libraries
and such installed and used by the same person. If this virtual file system were
trying to represent everything in a traditional way it seems that this would
become more difficult in that case.