Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 03:47:00 -0400

   Hmm. I suppose it depends on the specifics of how this virtual file system
would
   work. As I understand Nix people using the system can change their profile
(and
   therefore their view of what programs are installed) on the fly, and the
hashing
   scheme makes it easy to have multiple (and incompatible) versions of
libraries
   and such installed and used by the same person. If this virtual file system
were
   trying to represent everything in a traditional way it seems that this would
   become more difficult in that case.

It is a virtual file system, when you change profile, the file system
changes as well.  Why would it be more difficult in that case?