Re: The future of mobile computing.

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Re: The future of mobile computing.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:37:13 -0800

>Some mobile devices are designed not >to allow users to install any
>other system.  (We call them "tyrants".)  >They are hopeless.

>Some Android devices can run >Replicant.  The main obstacle is device
>drivers.  Working on free device drivers >is very important.  It often
>requires reverse engineering.

Has the FSF ever thought about starting or sponsoring a mobile hardware project? Even though though the FSF is supposed to fund software projects(as said in the name Free Software Foundation), in the future, there will be nothing for Free Software to run on unless someone decides to make a fully free mobile device. I think it would be a great idea