Re: GNU Herds -- signing Association communications

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: GNU Herds -- signing Association communications
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:42:22 +0100

For me it's perfect!

As I've already said Davi is the most actively member on this project.

I ask to everybody to agree with this, we need one person that work, that is present and Davi is.

Regards
Antenore.

2007/1/18, Davi Leal <address@hidden>:
MJ Ray wrote:
> GNU Herds work team <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Flames, feedback, etc. are not only welcome but needed!.
> >
> > Regards,
> > The work team
>
> Please stop posting anonymously.  Use gpg --clearsign if you want to
> sign something as an official association communication.

The association has not formal committee yet. I was speaking in the name
of the current work team, not the association. I have done a lot of
mistakes announcing the Association without signing. I propose before
doing more announcements we should ask for permission to these two email
lists.

Again, I propose to announce on German sites after we get
the German translation. Same for the French one.

As we do not have formal committee yet, I propose send and
sign such announcements with:
   GNU Herds work team <address@hidden>

When we have the committee we could use the below address instead:
   GNU Herds - Free Software Association < address@hidden>

We are a small team.  We could delegate the sending of the emails in the
name of the work-team to one of us. I offer myself. You could disallow me
at any time, and I could step down at any time too. If I do not get reply
to this email I will think you agree about me realizing such task. In such
case, I will make a private key to the below address:
  GNU Herds work team < address@hidden>

I think that we must wait to get more people before forming the committee.
Maybe, even we will have to modify again the proposed Charter. So we will
have to announce it a bit more to get more people.

Later, about official association communication, using the
<address@hidden> email, I propose to carry out it, for example
to you, MJ Ray. Anyway members should have to vote about such decision.

Just my personal opinion,
Davi