Re: GNU Herds -- Emacs & JavaScript -- HTTP interface & CLI interface

From: Antenore Gatta
Subject: Re: GNU Herds -- Emacs & JavaScript -- HTTP interface & CLI interface
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:49:05 +0100

2007/1/18, Davi Leal <address@hidden>:
MJ Ray wrote:
> Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Note such form is already using a lot of JavaScript. AJAX give you a lot
> > of power to develop complex forms or web-pages, which are more like
> > stand-alone applications.
>
> AJAX often introduces more problems for non-scripting browsers.
> Please don't require Javascript.  GNU Herds should be an accessible
> service, not only for users of GNU Iceweasel and a few other browsers.
>
> At least, it should be possible for GNU Emacs-w3 users to participate!

I think w3m-el is better than w3-el. But w3m has problem too.

I use emacs every day at work, and I love it. However the result of such
webapp without using JavaScript support would be much more complex. You could
develop such version and show it, at least the Qualifications form. I think
the association should choose always the best option.

Random thoughts which were already proposed by Antenore:
  Besides the HTTP interface, we could develop another interface, maybe a
Command Line Interface (CLI) which could allow XML feed etc.
I'm sorry my reply it's not completely pertinent.
I'd like to propose again a tool like wiki, only for internal use. We
are going to have to many email with tips, tricks, advice, suggestion,
..., etc. And sincerely I've some problem to remember everything I
told in the past.
Flames are welcome.