Re: [GNU Herds service]: HTML + CSS + JavaScript-as-not-required-additio

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: [GNU Herds service]: HTML + CSS + JavaScript-as-not-required-addition
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:50:45 +0200

On 4/13/07, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Just a comment: About mobile phones, I have noted Google has a totally
different interface, with the heading removed, etc., etc. And they send
all the markup in only one line of text!.

I guess mobile users are the new modem users - They often pay per byte (not per month), their connections are really slow, and they have tiny screen space.

Actually, this is a major argument for avoiding tables for design - AFAIK they won't be serialized by mobile devices, so they'll have to scroll both horizontally and vertically. Mucho annoying :)

A few other tricks to make standard web pages work well on mobile devices:
Some more tips:
7 steps to better handheld browsing
Retrofit your Web pages for wireless compatibility

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds profound