Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re Medication List template
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:20:33 +0100

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 06:22:06AM -0300, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> I will probably use a template I already have for this issue
>
> Really basic actually, it divides the medication in specific categories:
>
> Morning , Afternoon , Night  , before meals , after meals, etc...
>
> This is basically to show the patient when and how many pills to take at a
> given time. It serves to simplify his prescription.

Yep, that seems like a useful formatting. The current code
cannot do that yet. As I wrote in another post it would need
quite a few placeholders.

> From Karsten's PDF I would advocate the use of separator lines between the
> fields to improve readability even more so for the visually challenged.

The PDF does contain those lines or am I missing something here ?

> The regimen field I guess is the part where people will have the worst use
> for, everywhere it is used differently,

That is why currently we simply dump it into the template.

> so I sugest making some 3 or 4
> templates as "default GNUmed" with these modifications in mind (if that is
> remotely possible ;) like hours to take the meds (at 8h or at hours 8-16-24)
> , hours separating each dose (Amoxicilin 8/8h or every 8h) ...

Such things will be possible once we've got code in place to
parse commonly used regimen expressions.

> of will the client ask us how we want it displayed?

At that time we can also make the client ask.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346