Re: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:40:55 +0100

I would say that we keep it simple in the beginning, so if we keep away from the 'non generic' thread stuff we should be fine with most thread libraries, perhaps we should look at some other software which has to support different thread libraries ?

With some luck we could end up with something that autoconf can handle :-) ...

 Any sugestions ?

Steven Bosscher wrote:
[ snip ]

It is an interesting discussion point which library we should target
first.  IMO it should be one that most people in our "target audience"
have at their disposal.  I guess that would be LinuxThreads, and since
NPTL is mostly backward compatible with that library, I would like to
see the first low-level runtime should be based on LinuxThreads.

It would even be better if we knew how manu thread models are in use and
how they differ.  I would volunteer if I knew where to start...

Greetz
Steven