RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Plan ... coments wanted !
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:15:35 -0500

Lars Segerlund wrote:
>   This however brings up the question of what our first taget ? (
> milestone ) should be, any ideas ?

We probably need to define specific goals.

For example: Which frontends will we support? gcc and g++, most certainly;
what about g77? While some people may think g77 is obsolete, many existing
OpenMP applications are based in Fortran 77. I suggest we target gcc, g++,
and g77 at a minimum.

I assume g95 will be included for support.

Do we want to go beyond the define OpenMP languages, and provide extsnions
for Objective C, Java, and Ada? (I think not)

OpenMP is not a vast standard; it does, however, include minor semantic
differences between languages.

Does everyone here have the OpenMP standards documents? They can be obtained
from http://www.openmp.org.

..Scott