goptical

[Goptical] Intensity mode

From: Richard Graham
Subject: [Goptical] Intensity mode
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:15:17 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to work out the intensities in my system and have some
confusion about the status of the intensity calculations. From the
documentation it seems that while taking into account polarizations is
not yet supported, without polarization should be, which is ok for me.

But when I do:

tracer.get_params().set_intensity_mode(Trace::IntensityMode(Trace::IntensityTrace));
tracer.trace();

I get a goptical error "what():  data set doesn't contains enough data".

When I do a spot analysis I see that the intensities are always whole
numbers -- it seems like it is just counting intersecting rays rather
than actually working out the intensities. I don't see anywhere in the
code where the IntensityTrace mode is used.

Are the reflection coefficents (such as worked out from Fresnel
equations) actually calculated anywhere?  If not, it looks like I might
have to implement that myself in rather short time ...

Regards,
--
Richard Graham