gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin GPS-19X HVS

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin GPS-19X HVS
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:21:18 -0700

Yo John!

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 12:25:25 -0400
"Burton, John" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you for the response! Your opinions on the device are
> appreciated!

Glad to help.

> For the project, we are more concerned about performance as opposed to
> cost, so your comments about sensitivity are appreciated.

Sorry I could not be more specific on the Garmin 19.

> Do you, or anyone on the mailing list, have any experience with a
> Tallysman TW5340? Its a relatively new company (compared to Garmin)
> and I did not see any mention on the compatibility list.

Never heard of it.  A quick google shows they make a GPS antenna switch,
not a GPS chip.  Tallysman systems use the STM Teseo II GPS receiver.

I'm not familiar with the Teseo II.  A quick google shows it wass introduced
in 2011, that may be a bit long in the tooth.

Not had any experiance with that one yet.

If you are looking for top performance you want something with one of
the newest GPS chips in it.  The u-blox 8 and MTK3339 will get you close
to a CEP(50%) of 3 meters.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588