gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 12:40:41 -0800

Yo Bo!

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 20:36:47 +0100
Bo Berglund <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 11:03:46 -0800, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> >> Does this mean that I should uninstall gpsd using apt-get before I
> >> run scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install
> >
> >YES!  Otherwise you get two different versions of gpsd installed and
> >you will confuse yourself and the system.
>
> I installed gpsd using this command:
> sudo apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps
>
> So I got more than gpsd...
>
> Question: Do I neeed to do
> sudo apt-get remove gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps

Probably.

> Or should I just do:
> sudo apt-get remove gpsd

No.

> I don't know if the clients are part of the downloaded source for 3.16
> and will get installed using scons...

Debian splits gpsd into server (gpsd) and client (gpsd-clients) packages.

My guess is the python-gps package is the gpsd python files.  You don't
need it, until you know you do.

> Plus, I modified /etc/default/gpsd, will that file remain after a
> remove?

Beats me, I'm not a debian guy.  But I doubt it will actually have
any useful purpose after the remove.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588