gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Changing the GPS update rate with gpsd

From: Deven Hickingbotham
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Changing the GPS update rate with gpsd
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:44:28 -0700

sounds strange, when the Adafruit device has a coin battery it should keep
this setting otherwise I would consider to replace the battery...

I don't believe this is the case as I can switch back to Wheezie and the
Pi works fine (i.e. the GPS holds the update rate I set after gpsd is
restarted).

Also, I test on two identical Pi's in an effort to identify any hardware
related issues.  Symptoms I describe are the same on both units.

Back to you question you could put "echo ''$PMTK220,100*2F/r/n > /dev/<your
interface>" in some bash script and start it before gpsd or even "hack" the
gpsd starting script and put it there, in this case an update of gpsd package
might overwrite your change...

Yes, I have a script that does this now.  Works with Wheezie and gpsd
3.6, not with Jessie and 3.11.  BTW, my device is /dev/ttyAMA0.